- needless repetition of an idea, statement, or word
- an expression or phrase that says the same thing twice, just in a different way.
Actual example of tautology:
- A less abstract example of tautology is saying, “The ball is green or the ball is not green.”
Examples of tautology in a sentence:
- The politician’s advertisement was simply tautology he restated several times within a thirty second period.
- The teacher explained the tautology in the “the dead corpse” by reminding students that a corpse is already dead